The Captain supervises all boat crew in coordination with the Cruise Director (CD) and ensures that the vessel is operated safely according to the Segara Marine Standard Operations manual at all times. The captain must maintain a solid working relationship with the CD at all times and promote a strong sense of teamwork among the crew.
The Captain is responsible for the following:
1. Ultimately responsible for vessel operations, such as the safe navigation of the ship, its cleanliness, and seaworthiness.
2. Ultimately responsible for the safety of the crew, guests, and vessel.
3. Supervises all boat crew.
For recruitment and HR purposes, the ideal candidate will have the following qualities.
- Possess a captain’s license and all legally required documents and qualifications
- Good team leader
- Knowledge of the areas where the vessel operates
- A solid record of safe operation of similar vessels
- A good command of written and spoken English
*A full list of the role and responsibilities will be discussed if you are shortlisted for the position listed above.