The Cruise Director (CD) supervises all dive crew and takes the lead in all guest relations during any cruise. They are often a key point of contact for the vessel and will be called on by Segara Marine.
The CD is responsible for the following:
- Plan all dives and each specific cruise itinerary in close relationship with the Captain of the vessel. The Cruise Director plans and suggests a cruise itinerary but the Captain has the final word on boat safety issues! Guide Guests as & when required. The Cd must also be aware of the itinerary that has been sold to the guests and follows it unless circumstances make it impossible.
- Provide the main communication link between guests and crew during any cruise (special dietary requirements, cabin problems, special requests, health concerns, etc.).
- For recruitment and HR purposes, the ideal candidate will have the following qualities.
- Friendly and flexible personality
- Trouble-shooter who enjoys the challenge of finding solutions to difficult and often unpredictable situations
- A natural team player able to work in close partnership with the captain
*A full list of the role and responsibilities will be discussed if you are shortlisted for the position listed above.