Dive Guide/Dive Instructor
The Dive Guide/Dive Instructor will work closely with the dive team under the supervision of the Cruise Director (CD) to ensure that all dive operations onboard are conducted safely and according to company procedures. Teamwork is the name of the game! The dive team is central to creating the experience of a lifetime for all guests—be a strong and positive part of that team. Help to create a positive social environment on the vessel for guests. Remember to carry out your tasks with due care and attention as people’s lives are in your hands.
The Dive Guide/Dive Instructor will perform the following duties:
1. You will plan the day’s diving itinerary together with the CD, the Captain and the dive team.
2. Guide and supervise guest divers during day and (if required) night dives, point out interesting marine life and assist divers during emergency situations in or out of the water.
3. You will dive within the Company and accredited organization standards.
For recruitment and HR purposes, the ideal candidate will have the following qualities.
● Friendly and flexible personality
● Trouble-shooter who enjoys the challenge of finding solutions to difficult and often unpredictable situations
● Natural team player who can work closely with the CD, the rest of the dive team and the captain
● Certified, renewed and insured PADI Instructor
*A full list of the role and responsibilities will be discussed if you are shortlisted for the position listed above.