The Engineer ensures that the vessel is operated safely and according to Segara Marine Standard Operations Manual at all times. The Engineer also ensures that all equipment is in excellent working order and follows all the service manual recommendations (the Engineer will ensure that service manuals are kept in a good condition.) He/she is responsible for repairs and maintenance of all systems on the boat, such as engine, generators, water-makers, compressors & nitrox system, showers, kitchen equipment, bathroom utilities, lighting and air con, etc.
The Engineer is responsible for the following:
1. Conduct all required checks such as: pre-cruise checks, maintenance checks, emergency pump checks, etc.
2. Complete all relevant documentation, such as repair logs, engine logs, etc.
3. Manage parts and levels of stock, such as oil, consumables, spare/replacement parts and complete relevant documentation.
For recruitment and HR purposes, ideal candidate will have the following qualities.
● Possesses an engineering certificate and all legally required documents and qualifications
● Good team leader
● Knowledge of the areas where the vessel operates
● A solid record of successful professional experience in maintaining and safely operating similar vessels
*A full list of the role and responsibilities will be discussed if you are shortlisted for the position listed above.